One of the goals of the AILG Peer Visitation Program is to help our community identify and share best practices. Every group is unique, but we also have a lot in common and can all customize and expand on each other's ideas.
Here are some suggestions about corporation governance and officer responsibilties. These are intended to apply to a broad range of FSILGs. Your governance and officer roles may vary and every house will have other positions not listed. But, since we have a lot of the same goals and share a lot of the same needs, many groups have to figure out how to cover similar responsibilities. These are intended to be "living documents" so please go ahead and comment, edit, and suggest changes in the documents to be shared with the rest of us.
- Alumni Corporation Governance
- House Corporation President Responsibilities
- House Corporation Treasurer Responsibilities
- House Corporation Secretary Responsibilities
Alumni Association’s FSILG Toolkit, mostly by Larry Colagiovanni ’04
- Volunteer Roles & Recognition
- Event Planning
- FSILG Fundraising Strategies
- FSILG Networking & Communication
Students and Chapters
Historically, the AILG has produced materials to assist both students and alumni involved with MIT’s FSILGs. Below is a collection of archived materials.