The MIT Association of Independent Living Groups will:
- Assist our member FSILGs to teach values and life skills that are complementary to the MIT educational curriculum.
- Be a presence at MIT, to represent and be a voice for the FSILG system and its alumni.
- Provide tools to improve our FSILG member groups.
- Promote diversity of choice of residence for students within the FSILG community.
- Promote FSILG group responsibility and accountability.
The AILG Goals for 2018-2019 are:
- Coordinate with and support chapters as they implement their facilities action plans for phase II
- Short- and long-term planning
- Outreach and fundraising
- Community-wide initiatives
- Support campus-wide sexual assault awareness programs by:
- Formally endorsing existing programs and initiatives
- Featuring Title IX and VPR representatives at a Plenary meeting
- Develop a statement of AILG core values, including safety, diversity, and inclusion
- Enhance undergraduate and alumni interactions
- Hold a new volunteer orientation session
- Identify and discuss any gaps between alumni and student perspectives
- Strengthen and connect our member alumni corporations
- Educate our members on tools available through the AILG Alumni Association Affinity Group
- Develop toolkits and resources for alumni involvement
- Create a method to collect and update house corporation rosters
- Hold a house corporation leadership retreat
- Perform a review and update of the Accreditation Program and launch a late Spring 2019 pilot
- Review and update the AILG Bylaws