The MIT Association of Independent Living Groups will:
- Assist our member FSILGs to teach values and life skills that are complementary to the MIT educational curriculum.
- Be a presence at MIT, to represent and be a voice for the FSILG system and its alumni.
- Provide tools to improve our FSILG member groups.
- Promote diversity of choice of residence for students within the FSILG community.
- Promote FSILG group responsibility and accountability.
The AILG Goals for 2016-2017 are:
- Continue outreach to students, parents, our neighbors, sorority/ILG alums, and other stakeholders, while also encouraging new participation from graduating seniors and graduate students.
- Parent Outreach Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- Outreach to GSC
- Study recruitment and retention figures to better understand membership trends and the ideal size of the FSILG system
- Advocate for more FSILG housing options
- Pursue the West Village plan
- Work toward a resolution on all MITIMCo leases
- Foster healthy communities and cultures through existing and new programs:
- Complete and publicize the Accreditation rubric
- Pilot an alumni‐student mentoring program
- Pilot an alumni education program
- Complete and publicize the Member Support program
- Create an on-line community resource for our undergraduate members, including multimedia learning tools.
- Build trusting relationships among our members and stakeholders
- Complete and publicize the FSILG Relationship Agreement
- Facilitate outreach to new and returning organizations
- Raise the profile of the ILGs on campus, in part to demonstrate the diversity of the FSILG community at MIT