The MIT Association of Independent Living Groups will:
- Assist our member FSILGs to teach values and life skills that are complementary to the MIT educational curriculum.
- Be a presence at MIT, to represent and be a voice for the FSILG system and its alumni.
- Provide tools to improve our FSILG member groups.
- Promote diversity of choice of residence for students within the FSILG community.
- Promote FSILG group responsibility and accountability.
The AILG Goals for 2017-2018 are:
- Increase the number of AILG and FSILG volunteers
- Conduct a recruitment event for younger alumni
- Develop tools for remote participation by volunteers
- Conduct a new volunteer orientation session
- Revisit and complete the Member Support Program
- Increase community interaction with faculty
- Conduct a faculty focus group
- Engage with current and potential Heads of House
- Engage with new faculty members
- In partnership with the FSILG Office, produce an annual Community Benefits report.
- Engage with MITAA to strengthen the AILG’s Affinity Group status
- Complete the MITAA formal affinity group process
- Get an FSILG/AILG feature in the MITAA website, Alumni Newsletter, Slice of MIT, Parents’ Association Newsletter
- Connect with MIT Communications team to get an FSILG/AILG feature on the MIT home page
- Complete and adopt the Relationship Agreement